The Natural Living School is an institute working to empower people to incorporate Natural Building, Permaculture, and Natural Living into the fabric of their lives. With profound reverence for nature we work with the elements to both build structures and ourselves in the process! We view natural building as a tool for profound self development whilst preparing students with a wide range of building skills. Participants can choose to engage in our internship as a stand alone training, a step towards a profession as a natural builder or to simply broaden the skills necessary for homesteading. Our unique program offers experiences in construction techniques, permaculture design, passive solar design and self sufficiency. The foundation of the school’s philosophy revolves around introspection, self discipline, hard work, and creating a deep connection to nature and each other through Natural Building. Committed to building a more just world we offer the art of natural building to you with our whole heart!
Our internship program offers students an intensive study of natural building and an immersion into a healthy community based around honoring the natural world and space. Basics about the internship program:
- Our Internship is a 3 month long commitment offering interns a full immersion experience in the practice of natural building
- Interns participate in hands on building projects four days a week in addition to one day a week of classroom learning
- Our internship includes daily meditations, 3 weekly yoga classes and community events
- The interns will receive teaching from school directors, facilitators and a diverse staff of teachers from the surrounding area
- Students are offered outdoor communal living spaces and camping during their stay
- After completing the internship, students may qualify to receive a natural building certificate which enables them to apply for an apprenticeship with the Natural Living Design Build team, our main supporter
Natural building is an ancient way of creating shelter that reminds us of the sustainable practices utilized by all of our ancestors. Derived from the careful observation of nature, natural building attempts to satisfy human needs while respecting the earth. This practice uses ecologically responsible construction emphasizing bioregionally appropriate design and local sourcing of materials. We aim to use minimally processed materials as a means of mitigating our affect on the environment around us. Natural building relies heavily on physical labor of humans rather than outsourcing labor to machinery. By requiring us to deeply connect to the elements this style of building offers us a more profound relationship to home.
What is Natural Living?
To us natural living means reevaluating our fundamental needs and living life in a way that nourishes us body, mind and soul. This allows for us to focus on the quality of our lives rather than on the quantity of our wants. Our aim is to be as self sufficient as possible, in order to have a more balanced life, doing the things we love, living in harmony with nature, and feeding our spirits….
If you would like more information about our programs or services please feel free to contact us any time.
Natural Living School Inc.
14618 Tyler Foote Rd. #211
Nevada City CA 95959
Customized by WordPress Contact