The Natural Living School is a place where people can come and gain the experience and confidence they need to simplify their lives, learn to live in balance with nature, and to feed their spirits. Our participants learn how to legally construct an affordable, naturally built cottage, create a home garden with the potential for self sufficiency, and experience the art of natural living. The school is a drug and substance free atmosphere.
Natural building is one of the oldest ways of building. It was at one point the only way of building. Derived from the observation of nature and wildlife, we learned how to shelter ourselves by using natural materials found on the land. Some of the oldest buildings known to man are made from natural materials…..
To us natural living means revaluating our fundamental needs, so that we can focus on the quality of our lives rather than on the quantity of our wants. Our aim is to be as self sufficient as possible, in order to have a more balanced life, doing the things we love, living in harmony with nature, and feeding our spirits.…
The Natural Building Certification is an in depth study in the field of sustainable building and design. The participants in this certification will learn how to construct dwellings that can be built to satisfy local and state building codes…
This year’s permaculture workshops will focus on a variety of techniques that can be employed throughout our landscapes and within our households to manage our water supply. Prepare for some hands-on activities as we demonstrate many methods of efficient water management, so you never have to worry about water for your gardens.
The Apprenticeship program is an in-depth, intensive study of natural building and natural living, in combination with raja yoga classes, daily meditation, yoga, and support for inner growth. The apprenticeship is for 3 months minimum, and 6 months maximum. The main focus of the apprenticeship program will be:
- To teach each apprentice all aspects of natural building, from design to natural finishes
- To gain hands on experience with natural building, sustainable living, and permaculture gardening
- To support the spirit within each apprentice, and help them build a solid foundation for inner growth. The apprenticeship program is not just about natural building and natural living, it is about awakening inner potential and gaining confidence to be able to fulfill your dreams.
- Apprentices will qualify to receive a certification in natural building when they complete all courses and workshops.
The karma yoga program is an in-depth, intensive study of natural building and natural living, in combination with raja yoga classes, daily meditation, yoga, and support for inner growth. The main focus of the karma yoga program will be:
- To teach individuals who can’t attend the extended time frame of the apprenticeship program
- Sign up for a minimum of 1 month, or as long as 3 months.
- Join in the ongoing day to day activities of the natural building projects, lectures, and permaculture gardening.
- Topics and lectures on natural building along with hands on experience will be determined by the length and timing of the work/study participants.
- The karma yoga participants will qualify to receive a certification in natural building when they complete all courses and workshops.
- The apprentices will serve as teachers and help fill the work/study participants in on subjects already covered before their arrival.
The “Muddy Buddy Builders” is a program for children and families, that teaches natural building in a fun and accessible way. Here, children can learn how to build small structures with local earthen material, play nature games, increase their relationship with the natural world, and form connections with each other. Kids love playing in the dirt, creating mud pies, and building forts. Through direct participation kids will develop this natural inclination to build with mud. They will learn to create actual model homes and villages, as well as other small structures; play houses and whatever else the child can imagine.
If you would like more information about our programs or services please feel free to contact us any time.
Natural Living School Inc.
14618 Tyler Foote Rd. #211
Nevada City CA 95959